Project Engineer Intern
A M King is an award-winning, integrated Design-Build firm based in Charlotte, NC. We are currently seeking Project Engineer Interns for our Charlotte, NC and Greenville, SC locations. The ideal candidate is passionate about project management and is excited about working with a team of experienced construction management staff to seamlessly deliver high-quality products to clients.
An employee-owned company, we consistently and successfully deliver quality projects throughout the United States. With our professional team committed to protecting clients’ assets, we provide property consulting, design, construction, and facility services in key market sectors including food processing, food distribution, industrial manufacturing, and corporate properties.
Works closely with Project Managers, Senior Project Managers, Business Unit Leaders, and Operations Administrators to assist with project management, project schedule, quality control, document control, design management, and client relationships.
- Support Project Manager to ensure total project delivery
- Travel/relocate to jobsite(s) nationwide
- Document Management – Update and maintain project drawing and specification logs, distribution of document revisions to subcontractors and project team, management of RFI process, and documentation/distribution of project meeting minutes
- Project Schedule – Assist Project Manager with updating overall project schedule and subcontractor two-week look-ahead schedules, manage procurement log and provide updates that impact schedule
- Quality Control – Receive, review and process product submittals, samples and shop drawings, verify and document work in place, document and complete project punch lists and manage system for project photographs
- Design Management – Assist Project Manager with coordination of project permitting, work with design team to solve field related conflicts and track lessons learned log
- Safety – Follow and enforce all company safety guidelines, maintain all safety certifications, and model for safe jobsite behavior
- Preconstruction Management – Assist Project Manager with bid solicitation, prequalification, quantity take-offs, material research, bid packages, scope development, scope reviews and comparisons.
- Client Management – Manage Owner meeting minutes and assist Project Manager with publishing monthly project reports
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- Courses completed in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related fields
- 1-2 completed internships as a Project Engineer, Project Engineer Intern, or other related position preferred
- Knowledgeable in the use of Microsoft and Adobe suite programs; experience with Bluebeam and Procore
- Ability to work with others performing similar and/or support tasks related to project management
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to read and understand Construction Documents and general knowledge of design drawing
- Ability and willingness to travel or relocate as needed for projects
- Ability to practice safe personal conduct on active project sites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to engage with and collaborate in a team environment
- Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.