ALDI, a growing grocer based in Batavia, IL, needed to relieve overcrowding in its corporate headquarters. The answer was to move the entire IT Department to an existing, 82,000-square foot facility in Aurora, IL. The building required total demolition of its interior and a complete build out that incorporated modern design and technology.
A M King managed the design and renovation, which turned the 1980s structure into a fully operational facility–allowing ALDI to introduce a work café, offer open office spaces and wellness rooms, and enjoy energy savings from installation of LED lighting and natural gas heat. ALDI was confident A M King would not only finish the challenging operation on time, but present a completed project that would exceed expectations.
- Floor layout includes curved walls with bright inviting colors and raised ceilings
- 4,000-square-foot work café
- Server room with a redundant cooling and power backup UPS/generator systems
- Conference rooms with integrated audio/visual devices
- Open office space with adjustable height work stations
- All new HVAC system
- LED dimmable light and sensors
- Re-caulk and sealing of window system
- Natural gas heat in rooftop units and new hot water heater
- Full-height glass manager walls to increase natural light