AptarGroup, a company specializing in advanced manufacturing of food, beverage, pharmaceutical and beauty packaging, needed to expand rapidly without disruption to its workers. A M King needed to design and build a second-floor for the building, update multiple mechanical systems and complete the work in a tight timeframe.
A M King added the 11,000 SF second level while the first level remained completely functional. A M King created an around-the clock work schedule to complete construction on time and with minimal affect on AptarGroup employees. Meticulous attention to detail resulted in a seamless look throughout the facility. While updating mechanical systems, A M King worked with AptarGroup to increase their efficiency.
- Adding a second level with upfit of the mezzanine level including a complete mechanical and electrical system
- Revisions to an existing elevator shaft and installation of an elevator
- Demolition of existing concrete tilt walls for the installation of aluminum windows along with matching finishes of the lower level to allow for a smooth transition from first floor to second floor
- Improving efficiency with motion sensor office and conference room light fixtures, environmentally friendly low VOC paints and time-controlled energy saving processes
- Minimal disruption to operations