Cheney Brothers Inc. (CBI), a Rivera Beach, FL-based food distributor, wanted to expand its refrigeration capabilities in North Carolina. A M King designed and built a cold storage addition in Statesville, NC that allows the company to continue its northward growth path.
The new warehouse incorporates a fueling station; guardhouse; new fire protection systems and a complex sitework package. The project also included interior dry warehouse renovations (35,000 sf) and a new interior office mezzanine (8,600 sf). Floor warming glycol lines were encased in a 4” mud slab under 5” of floor insulation and 7” shrinkage compensating concrete floor in the freezer and 32-degree cooler.
- -5-degree Freezer: 75,000 sf
- 32-degree Meat Cooler: 29,000 sf
- 34-degree Cooler Dock: 17,000 sf
- 38-degree Produce Cooler: 11,000 sf
- 55-degree Produce Cooler: 8,000 sf
- Ambient Flour Cooler: 21,000 sf
- Maintenance Room: 2,500 sf
- Dry Storage Infill: 3,800 sf
- Truck Wash: 600 sf
- 155,000-gallon water tank for fire protection
- 16,500- gallon fuel tank for client truck fill up
- New generator: 2,000 kW, 480V, 3-phase
- 60 mil TPO membrane roof