A M King was selected to construct an 11,505 sf Life Center for the historic Old Pilgrim Missionary Baptist Church. Established in 1868 in Simpsonville, SC, the church began as a place of worship for freed slaves after the Civil War and has stood on the original site for the last 150 years. Since its inception, the church has been led by many distinguished pastors and grown into a large and faithful community of more than 500 members.
The Life Center includes a gymnasium with hardwood maple flooring with capabilities of hosting basketball and volleyball events, an equipment room, gendered and family bathrooms, a scoreboard and surrounding bleachers. The Center also includes private and group office space, daycare facilities and a fully operational kitchen.
- 6,704 sf gymnasium
- 6 automatic fold-up basketball goals
- 6 bathrooms
- 122 seating capacity
- 168 sf private office
- 9 additional corporate offices
- 579 sf kitchen