A M King is an award-winning, integrated Design-Build firm based in Charlotte, NC. We are currently seeking Superintendents for our Greenville, SC location. The ideal candidate is open to traveling across the United States and is excited about working with a team of experienced construction management staff to seamlessly deliver high-quality projects to our clients.
An employee-owned company, we provide property consulting, design, construction, and facility services in key market sectors including food processing, food distribution, industrial manufacturing, and corporate properties. Our focus is on innovative facility solutions and exceptional customer service.
Compensation & Benefits
We are committed to offering our employees a robust and rewarding work environment, focusing on employee growth and development. Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay, DOE
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, Dental, and Vision at no cost for employees
- 401(k) with company match, 100% vesting at time of eligibility
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Personal Community Engagement Hours
- Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability options
- Personal Growth Benefit, used for gym memberships, instructor-led courses, or contributions into a 529 Qualified Tuition or State Plan
- AAA Membership
- Customized Professional Development Planning
- Internal & External Training
Responsible for providing overall leadership for onsite field administration, supervision, and technical management for all construction operations, including direct supervision of assistants, foremen, subcontractors, and other construction-related personnel. Directs them in planning, coordination, and execution of work on time, within budget, and in maintaining a safe workplace.
- Relocate to various jobsites across the United States for short- and long-term durations.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Interpret and explain plans to the Owner, subcontractors, and project team.
- Establish and manage the jobsite safety plan and culture in accordance with A M King’s corporate safety program.
- Walk the project daily to observe and oversee work for conformance to safety and quality standards.
- Direct and supervise all jobsite construction activities.
- Communicate and maintain good relationships with A M King management, Owners, subcontractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, including work procedures, means and methods, complaints, and construction issues.
- Study project documents to ensure the project is being constructed per plans and specifications, and in accordance with contract requirements.
- Collaborate with Project Management staff to implement new or modified plans and strategies in response to project delays.
- Thoroughly investigate and document all jobsite incidents and immediately report to A M King Senior Management.
- Prepare, document, distribute and file project documents including daily reports, safety and quality audits, record drawings, test and inspection reports, and project photos.
- Inspect project to monitor compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations.
- Implement and document A M King quality control programs on the jobsite.
- Coordinate with subcontractors to determine labor requirements for completing tasks to meet project schedule.
- Coordinate with Project Management staff material delivery schedules.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Lead Superintendent role.
- 3+ years’ experience in food processing, cold storage, and/or industrial manufacturing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- Proficient with Procore
- Ability to work with others performing similar and/or support tasks related to project management, such as Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and Project Engineers, as well as Design staff
- Ability to read and understand Construction Documents
- Ability and willingness to travel or relocate as needed for projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate with A M King personnel, subcontractors, vendors, and clients