Mid-Atlantic Baking, a bakery of a variety of bread products including hamburger rolls and breadsticks, needed to expand its existing facility so bread could be frozen on-site and stored prior to distribution in order to provide a fresher, higher quality product to consumers. Further, the project needed to deliver long-term cost savings to Mid-Atlantic Baking and had to be completed while the bakery’s existing operations continued.
A M King implemented measures allowing Mid-Atlantic Baking to continue its operations during the elaborate construction project. The additional space was completed by the promised deadline; construction took only six months.
- Advanced insulation cold storage design
- Incorporation of an ammonia refrigeration system with a self-contained refrigeration engine room
- Erection of insulated metal panel exterior walls and a precast dock wall coupled with vertical dock levelers to expedite loading from the freezer space
- A new locker room for employees
- Measures to ensure minimal disruption to operations