A candy broker seeking to provide protective warehousing to the confectionary industry founded Atlanta Bonded Warehouse Corporation (ABW) in 1948. Since then, the company has grown to become a leading provider of temperature-controlled, award-winning warehousing and LTL/TL trucking transportation in the Southeast.
To assist in its expansion efforts, the company reached out to Design-Build experts, A M King, to design and construct a new 168,585 sf space, two mezzanines and an office area. The expansion features a structural steel edifice with a 4-inch IMP metal skin and an 80-mil TPO roof membrane designed to FM global standards.
The project also incorporated 7.45 acres of site improvements such as
120,000 sf of new exterior concrete pavement and upgrade of campus utilities.
- 168,585 sf of dry warehouse and mezzanine space
- Two elevated levels of mezzanine area
- 44’ building height, fully racked to 40’ with 30,974 pallet positions
- ESFR fire sprinkler throughout
- 9” shrinkage compensating floor slab
- 80-mil TPO roof membrane
- LED high bay light fixtures
- 500 kW diesel emergency generator
- Two underground storm detention systems: East trailer parking – 13,070 cf capacity; South truck dock apron – 54,532 cf capacity