Ivar’s, a West coast company specializing in a variety of displays, showcases, store fixtures and retail counter units, as well as custom displays and fixtures, needed an east coast manufacturing facility to better service their clients geographically. Ivar’s set their sights on Shelby, North Carolina as the home of their east coast operations and worked with local economic developers who introduced them to A M King.
The building shell and site work was completed prior to A M King’s involvement. Therefore A M King focused on Ivar’s request of making one facility into two fully operational, multi-tenanted spaces. With only 60 days for the construction process, Ivar’s trusted the A M King team to diligently and efficiently manage their project despite time restraints.
- Install a new 4 position dock and access road
- Install new 6” floor slab
- Install demising wall, dividing the facility in half and creating two separate spaces
- Includes a fire protection system with gas fired packaged units mounted on the roof and unit heaters on the leasable space
- Electrical system includes all power and distribution for manufacturing equipment, lighting and dock equipment
- Includes state-of-the-art CNC and wood working equipment
- Includes modular dust collection systems for all equipment
- Includes a complex compressed air system for all equipment
- Includes a first class paint booth